Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jguerra <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 13:09:09 UTC

org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Hi all,

Has anybody idea how to get rid of this exception?. For some reason i have
attached a JNDI resource for JMS but it seems to me something is wrong with
the returned object, throwing out the exception:

ConnectionFactory factory = (ConnectionFactory)
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jms/ConnectionFactory);
..

 java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
cannot be cast to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Thanks

Re: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Posted by jguerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gary!

you are absolutely right. I messed up my classpath with two versions of
ActiveMQ (5.3.0 & 5.3.1). Now is working fine!

Re: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
there must be two versions of the javax.jms.ConnectionFactory class loaded
by the jvm. Check for duplicate javax.jms providers in the classpath

On 14 April 2010 13:07, jguerra <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> just for a note. I am using JNDI on Tomcat 6.0.24.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Posted by jguerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
just for a note. I am using JNDI on Tomcat 6.0.24.