Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com> on 2005/12/08 02:18:32 UTC

RE: JNDI remote authentication problem

John,

Thank you very much for your answer!

> Let me know what happens.

Well, I tried correcting j2ee-server-plan.xml and config.xml, and I also
tried to provide the proper value for allowHosts in GUI installer - it
all didn't help.

What really helped is correcting modules/assembly/maven.xml file and
specifying the IP address of the client in line 247 (specifying host
name or 255.255.255.255 mask also didn't help):

   <j:set var="PlanClientAddresses"
value="<MY_CLIENT_HOST_IP_ADDRESS>"/>

and then rebuilding Geronimo.

However, it didn't helped much.
I made additional investigation for the problem location and here's what
I've found:

The problem occurs in file org/openejb/client/Client.java:
http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewrep/openejb/openejb/modules/core/src/java/or
g/openejb/client/Client.java?r=1.5

Previously the problem occured at line 171 (see code, the exceptions are
wrapped badly there):

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot deternmine server protocol
version: Received null/0.0; nested exception is:
	java.io.IOException: Unable to read protocol version.  Reached
the end of the stream.
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

And after the fix to maven.xml and rebuilding Geronimo another error
occurs a bit later, at line 192:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot read the response from the
server (OEJP/2.0) : null; nested exception is:
	java.io.EOFException
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
	at
org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

Previous problem was clearly a configuration issue, that was at last
resolved, but I have completely no idea on what to do with this new
problem. :(

Can it be that Geronimo/OpenEJB does not accept remote JNDI connections
at all??

With best regards,
   Vasily Zakharov, Intel Managed Runtime Division

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
That should work.  Dain found the issue while I was working on
GERONIMO-1151:

Now that we know that OpenEJB is retaining the proper values from the
config.xml, I would retry.

Take care,

Jeremy

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
All,
     It appears that the issue with OpenEJB not retaining the port number
was due to a naming issue and not a problem withing OpenEJB so I do not
think this issue is related to GERONIMO-1151.  Sorry about that.

Take care,

Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
Vasily,

Posted by tb...@yahoo.com.
> What really helped is correcting
> modules/assembly/maven.xml file and

I've done two fresh checkouts in the last few hours,
and NO modules/assembly directory comes with the
checkout. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the command I use:
svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk
geronimo

Tyler

wrote:

> [...]
> 	at

javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at

javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
> 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown
> Source)
>
> Previous problem was clearly a configuration issue,
> that was at last
> resolved, but I have completely no idea on what to
> do with this new
> problem. :(
>
> Can it be that Geronimo/OpenEJB does not accept
> remote JNDI connections
> at all??
>
> With best regards,
>    Vasily Zakharov, Intel Managed Runtime Division

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com