Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Laurent Berthelot <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/19 11:06:19 UTC

FOP & Web Application (Multi-thread)

Hello,

I want to use Fop in a multi-thread environement (J2EE) and on the Apache
site it signals that Apache FOP may currently not be completely thread safe.

Have you yet experimented that ?
And if yes, had you problems with ?

Re: FOP & Web Application (Multi-thread)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
We're just being cautious as we don't currently have the necessary
infrastructure to continuously test multi-threading behaviour. Many people
are using FOP in a multi-threading environment and FOP seems to behave
well. Just go ahead and use it, but do some load tests. I know of no
current issues with multi-threading in 0.94 or current FOP Trunk.

On 19.02.2008 11:06:19 Laurent Berthelot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use Fop in a multi-thread environement (J2EE) and on the Apache
> site it signals that Apache FOP may currently not be completely thread safe.
>
> Have you yet experimented that ?
> And if yes, had you problems with ?

Jeremias Maerki