Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/25 05:49:20 UTC

Call for help for Chukwa 0.4.1 release

Hi all,

I am calling for helper to help out on release Chukwa 0.4.1 to address
three top issues:

- CHUKWA-483, restore the shutdown trigger to it's original state.
- CHUKWA-502, Update document to reflect our new website address, and
add incubator keyword in artifact.
- CHUKWA-501, Update maven repository location for dependency projects.

Sounds good?

regards,
Eric

Re: Call for help for Chukwa 0.4.1 release

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 01:16, Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/10 5:22 AM, "Bernd Fondermann" <be...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 04:05, Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>> In the past, our website is generated from our source code.  I was under the
>>> assumption that we modify the same source to generate our website with URL
>>> changed.  However, I just realized that the main site document lives outside
>>> of the source code.  Hence, the first priority is to update site branch, and
>>> publish our website on incubator.
>>
>> I don't understand fully what you mean by "outside of the source code".
>> Isn't this the path to the current docs?
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/trunk/src/docs/src/documenta
>> tion
>> Where is the "site branch"?
>>

> Document lives here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/site/
>
> It's outside of source code.  I think modifying chukwa/site will be
> sufficient to change all reference from hadoop to incubator.

+1

>  I think this
> will save us from making a release for moving to incubator.  Do we put
> redirect on the exist hadoop/chukwa site?

Good idea. If Hadoop people are ok with it.

  Bernd

Re: Call for help for Chukwa 0.4.1 release

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 04:05, Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> In the past, our website is generated from our source code.  I was under the
>> assumption that we modify the same source to generate our website with URL
>> changed.  However, I just realized that the main site document lives outside
>> of the source code.  Hence, the first priority is to update site branch, and
>> publish our website on incubator.
>
> I don't understand fully what you mean by "outside of the source code".
> Isn't this the path to the current docs?
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/trunk/src/docs/src/documenta
> tion
> Where is the "site branch"?

Document lives here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/site/

It's outside of source code.  I think modifying chukwa/site will be
sufficient to change all reference from hadoop to incubator.  I think this
will save us from making a release for moving to incubator.  Do we put
redirect on the exist hadoop/chukwa site?

>> Sorry for the confusion.  Ari, where is
>> the report schedule page in the wiki?  For mentors, do we need to move our
>> wiki pages from /hadoop to /incubator?
>
> Don't know. It seems I cannot find any projects having their wiki
> pages under wiki.a.o./incubator.
> Maybe we can move ../ from wiki.a.o./hadoop/chukwa

Sounds good to me. :)

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
Report schedule is at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ReportingSchedule

I had assumed our first report would be in August, since we are
already nearly two weeks past the July reporting deadline.  The
reports go on http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2010
 [replace August with July, if our report goes in for this month, not
next month]

Also, how do we create the private list?

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: Call for help for Chukwa 0.4.1 release

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
Hrm.

I had assumed our next release would be numbered 0.5.  Eric, was your
plan to apply only the changes below to 0.4, or to apply then to
trunk?

I would prefer the latter. Worth pushing out the assorted bug fixes
we've had since 0.4

--Ari