Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2006/02/09 04:14:46 UTC

referencing a sar and a wsr archive that have been deployed to the repository

Using the maven sar plugin, and a wsr plugin I wrote, I can now build
and deploy sar files and wsr files to my repository. However, I now wish
to reference these files as dependencies in another project
(specifically, an EAR project). I have these setup in the pom.xml as
proper dependencies, but when I try to build the project, I get errors
because maven is looking for these dependencies as jar files, (files
with a jar extension, not a sar or wsr extension). Here's the error
messages:

2/8/06 8:08:38 PM GMT-07:00: required artifacts missing:
  com.brad.Brad-wsr:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
  com.brad.BradFramework-sar:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

for the artifact: com.brad.Brad-ear-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear

How can I make maven see my sar and wsr files in the repository
properly, not as files with a jar extension?

Thanks!

Brad

Re: referencing a sar and a wsr archive that have been deployed to the repository

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
I was mistaken -- it wasn't a problem with getting the dependency. The
problem was that the maven EAR plugin doesn't support archives of type wsr.

Brad

Posted by John Tolentino <jt...@exist.com>.