Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/07 14:44:38 UTC

Re: New podling (Knox) SVN or Git?

Thanks David,

Sounds like dealing with different CM systems for code and site would be
a hassle.

Next question.  Is there a magic way to have the GitHub repo imported?
This is where the code currently is:
https://github.com/hortonworks/knox

Kevin.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Kevin Minder wrote on Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 14:44:29 -0500:
> First off it might be time to remove the warning from the "Requesting
> podling creation" section.
> *"This section describes a process which is under construction. Ignore
> this section until this notice is removed.*"

Refactored and removed the warning, thanks for the reminder.

Re: New podling (Knox) SVN or Git?

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Yes.  I read it before and just now reread it now.  So much to take in
all at once.

First off it might be time to remove the warning from the "Requesting
podling creation" section.
*"This section describes a process which is under construction. Ignore
this section until this notice is removed.*"

Second, thank you for your help.

It seems like I should move back to the general@incubator.apache.org to
make sure I'm following the process correctly.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Daniel,

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
I've filed these.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Daniel,

Thanks for your patients as I get my feet under me here at Apache.

So this these are our disentangled requests:

1. Import our GitHub repository
(https://github.com/hortonworks/knox.git) into Apache
(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-knox.git)
2. Create a svnpubsub based site from
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/knox/site) available at
(http://incubator.apache.org/knox/)

We will take care of working out how to generate the site from the git
repo and committing it to the svn repo for publication.

Thanks so much.
Kevin.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.