Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by prakash mahavrataya <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 13:21:51 UTC

migration from apache tomcat 5.5.20 to 6.0.26 procedure required.

Hi All,

I have to migrate the existing tomcat from 5.5.20 to 6.0.26. As i found that
the folders common and shared do not exist in 6.0.26. So I am not sure how
to migrate from the current to the latest. Please send me the procedure
for successful migration without any loss of files and folders.

Regards
Prakash

Re: migration from apache tomcat 5.5.20 to 6.0.26 procedure required.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/06/2010 12:28, Pid wrote:
> On 03/06/2010 12:21, prakash mahavrataya wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have to migrate the existing tomcat from 5.5.20 to 6.0.26. As i found that
>> the folders common and shared do not exist in 6.0.26. So I am not sure how
>> to migrate from the current to the latest. Please send me the procedure
>> for successful migration without any loss of files and folders.
>
> Step 1: read the documentation for version 6.0.
>
>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/
>
> Carefully read the release notes, changelog etc.

Also http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Mark

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.