Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/29 11:24:09 UTC

Re: How do you run single query test(s) after mavenization?

Ping.  (Need help cleaning up some ants.)

These sections in How To
Contribute<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute>
need
review/revision:

   - Coding Convention<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-CodingConvention>

      - Check for new Checkstyle <http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/>
violations
      by running ant checkstyle, ...
      *[mvn checkstyle?]*
      - Define methods within your class whose names begin with test, and
      call JUnit's many assert methods to verify conditions; these methods will
      be executed when you run ant test.
      *[mvn test?]*
   - Add a Unit
Test<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-AddaUnitTest>

      - We can run "ant test -Dtestcase=TestAbc" where TestAbc is the name
      of the new class. This will test only the new testcase, which will be
      faster than "ant test" which tests all testcases.
      *[change ant to mvn twice; also change -Dtestcase to -Dtest?]*
   - Contributing your
work<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-Contributingyourwork>

      - Folks should run ant clean package test before selecting *Submit
      Patch*.
      *[mvn clean package test?]*

Also, should we keep ant or make replacements in Generating Thrift
Code<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-GeneratingThriftCode>?
 (Steps 9, 11, 15, 18.)  Are the old instructions still useful for
contributors?

Thanks.  -- Lefty