Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by kmd <zw...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/12 11:00:04 UTC

Re: bayes tie failed

On 5/12/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > today i spent many hours building SA on perl 5.8.6, instead of the
> > 5.8.1 perl that is default installed on the mdk 9.2 linux box (it's
> > very difficult to upgrade perl with rpm, it breaks things). so, im'
> > running two perl versions basically now. i'm not a total linux wizard
> > but i think i managed it: I compiled and installed perl 5.8.6, SA
> > 3.0.3 from cpan, compiled DB_file,... but unfortunately bayes will not
> > function. running SA with the -D option gives:
> >
> > debug: bayes: 7926 tie-ing to DB file R/O /home/kmd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> > Cannot open bayes databases /home/kmd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
> > debug: bayes: 7926 untie-ing DB file toks
> > debug: Score set 1 chosen.
> >
> > i tried chmod 666 the bayes files, sa-learn --import, deleting the
> > bayes db and relearning the ham/spam, it still won't work. my guess it
> > is a librabry mismatch somewhere, but what exactly? i'm stuck i'm
> > afraid (and a bit tired as well ;) )
> >
> > --
> > kmd
> >

> anyone? :\
>
> i'm really out of options here, sorry. yesterday i tried recompiling
> SA and DB_file to be sure. but i still get 'bayes tie failed' :( it's
> a bit stupid having SA running without the bayes test. i googled
> around but really i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i don't see
> errors during compilation. then, why is bayes not working? please help
> me out with this. i spent many hours trying run SA with perl 5.8.6
> instead of 5.8.1.
>
> --
> kmd

i also see this:

debug: open of AWL file failed: Cannot open auto_whitelist_path
/home/spamtrap/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist: Inappropriate ioctl for
device

anyone?

--
kmd

Re: bayes tie failed

Posted by kmd <zw...@gmail.com>.
On 5/12/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/12/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/11/05, kmd <zw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > today i spent many hours building SA on perl 5.8.6, instead of the
> > > 5.8.1 perl that is default installed on the mdk 9.2 linux box (it's
> > > very difficult to upgrade perl with rpm, it breaks things). so, im'
> > > running two perl versions basically now. i'm not a total linux wizard
> > > but i think i managed it: I compiled and installed perl 5.8.6, SA
> > > 3.0.3 from cpan, compiled DB_file,... but unfortunately bayes will not
> > > function. running SA with the -D option gives:
> > >
> > > debug: bayes: 7926 tie-ing to DB file R/O /home/kmd/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> > > Cannot open bayes databases /home/kmd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
> > > debug: bayes: 7926 untie-ing DB file toks
> > > debug: Score set 1 chosen.
> > >
> > > i tried chmod 666 the bayes files, sa-learn --import, deleting the
> > > bayes db and relearning the ham/spam, it still won't work. my guess it
> > > is a librabry mismatch somewhere, but what exactly? i'm stuck i'm
> > > afraid (and a bit tired as well ;) )
> > >
> > > --
> > > kmd
> > >

> > anyone? :\
> >
> > i'm really out of options here, sorry. yesterday i tried recompiling
> > SA and DB_file to be sure. but i still get 'bayes tie failed' :( it's
> > a bit stupid having SA running without the bayes test. i googled
> > around but really i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. i don't see
> > errors during compilation. then, why is bayes not working? please help
> > me out with this. i spent many hours trying run SA with perl 5.8.6
> > instead of 5.8.1.
> >
> > --
> > kmd
> >

> i also see this:
>
> debug: open of AWL file failed: Cannot open auto_whitelist_path
> /home/spamtrap/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist: Inappropriate ioctl for
> device
>
> anyone?
>
> --
> kmd

never mind. i got fed up with cryptic problems over and over again and
deleted my attempts

and thanks for the overwhelming feedback! surely the greatest feature of SA!

--
kmd