Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by John Smith <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 01:20:44 UTC

how to pass groovy variables to widget screen?

Hi All,
I am reading some of tutorial about widget screen, but it is written with
beanshell.

with beanshell,  if i put a line

*String hello = "world";
context.put("hello", hello);*

in the *helloworld*.*bsh* file.

then I can retrieve it in widget screen by calling it in action tag
*<actions>
<script
location="component://hello/webapp/hello/WEB-INF/actions/hello/helloworld.bsh"/>
</actions>*

and  access it by using *${hello}*,then i will have "*world*".

anyone know how do I do the same thing with *groovy*?
Thank you

Re: how to pass groovy variables to widget screen?

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.
Btw, Use camel case pattern for naming the groovy file - tips and tricks - https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/tips-tricks-while-working-with-groovy.html

Regards
Vikas

Posted by John Smith <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Deepak,

Do you know how to make it a global variable(globalContext)?

Thanks in advance.

John

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.