Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/23 06:30:31 UTC

Do AJAX calls exnted life of a Session

Hi In Wicket,
when we make AJAX calls (via wicket supported AJAX calls), do they extend
the life of a session?

I have javascript code that warns the User their session is about to expire,
but these pages rely on Ajax heavily. Ideally any Ajax call should reset the
timer (if it is resetting the session timeout).

Typically pure AJAX can be independent of session, but not sure how this
works in Wicket. if its been thought of or not.

thanks,
Arjun

-----
Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!

Re: Do AJAX calls exnted life of a Session

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
ajax requests do extend the session timeout. if you have a page that
you do not want to expire add an ajax timer behavior to it that does
nothing - that way as long as its open in a browser it will stay
alive.

-igor