Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by jp...@kcp.com on 2003/11/21 16:47:19 UTC

Factoring In The Web Console

I have a few more questions.  I promise fewer questions and more code very
soon.

Since the web interface is pretty hefty, I thought I'd ask if you had a
preference for how it should be fit into the current project structure.
Right now, I have a new source folder under src called web-client and a new
web app under webapps called web-client.

I'm wondering if you'd rather have a zip file or something with my stuff
all by itself and let you figure out how to wedge it into the cvs project
structure instead of me just submitting a patch polluted with my own
assumptions.

In terms of coding standards, I gather from the project structure that
actually having a WEB-INF folder in CVS is a no-no and we'd prefer to have
the web-inf folder created at build time.  Is this true?

I'm also wondering what IDE everybody is using.  I wrote a TCP Tunnel
plugin for eclipse if anybody needs one.

Jeffrey Payne
Systems Engineer
National Nuclear Security Administration

RE: Factoring In The Web Console

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Jeffery,

Personally I think simply src/client would be fine.  Same goes for the
webapps directory. We can use src/admin for a jUDDI admin webapp at some
point. Truthfully, we can figure it out later - it's an easy change to
make.

TCP Tunnel - interesting project (I say that mostly because I've been
working on an Eclipse plug-in that does the same thing when I can find
the time.)  Of course, my version doesn't exactly work correctly at the
moment - I'd love to try yours.

Steve