Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Tom Weissinger <tw...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 22:21:19 UTC

[lang] commons-lang 3.1 and commons-configuration

Hi,

What is the timeline for commons-configuration to be compatible with
commons-lang 3.1?  We want to be able to use some of the new features of
commons-lang (like generic support) but commons-configuration still uses
the old commons-lang.

The end result is, if we use the latest versions of both libraries, we end
up pulling into 2 different versions of commons-lang JAR.  I don't see this
as a big deal, but if that in itself is an issue, please let me know.

My primary question though is, when will commons-configuration support
commons-lang 3.1?  What is holding it back?  Just people to work on it?

Thanks!
Tom

Re: [lang] commons-lang 3.1 and commons-configuration

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Am 10.08.2012 14:12, schrieb Tom Weissinger:
> Oliver,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Is the expectation that commons-configuration will undergo the same sort of
> change, where all the package names change to have "configuration2" like
> what was done with "lang3"?

Yes, both the package names and the Maven coordinates will change. In
our opinion this is the only way to avoid jar hell.

Oliver

Posted by Tom Weissinger <tw...@gmail.com>.
Oliver,

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.