Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "N.K.Mukul" <nk...@iimtobu.ac.in> on 2002/01/03 13:28:48 UTC

Need Some Help

Dear Mr. Vivek,
   I am a beginner of PERL. I want to know from where I can start, please
kindly suggest me. I am a Computer engineer but I am in Networking Field now
I want to start Web page designing. I am able to design Static Page but not
able make a dynamic page so that I  start Learning Perl.

I am Very Grateful to you if provide some guide line to me.

Regards

Nirmal Kumar Mukul
(System Administrator)
IIMT, 336, Phase-IV
Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Haryana-122001
INDIA
Ph:-91-124-6397783/5/6
FAX:-91-124-6397784

Re: Need Some Help

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
here is the learning guide and the bible.

Learning Perl
http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0596001320&vm=

Programming Perl
http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0596000278&vm=

make sure you get third editions for both!

here are relevant sources on the web:
http://www.perlmonks.com/
http://www.perl.com/
http://use.perl.org/

good luck!!

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/

More Strange Behavior

Posted by Stathy Touloumis <st...@edventions.com>.
Hello,

I have currently added cutom apache directives using
'Apache::ModuleConfig,Apache::ExtUtils' and have come across some strange
behavior when trying to use a custom mod_perl handler that worked fine
before.  I get this error :
[Fri Jan  4 11:39:25 2002] [error] Uncaught exception from user code:
        Undefined subroutine &MyModule::Server::Content::handler called.
        eval {...} called at /dev/null line 0

which is strange even after I modified the subroutine 'handler' within
'MyModule::Server::Content' to be as basic as :
sub MyModule::Server::Content::handler { return Apache::Constants::OK; }

The module which contains the custom directive callback routines is in
MyModule::Server.

When commenting out :
#PerlFixupHandler MyModule::Server::Fixup
#<Files *.html>
#	SetHandler perl-script
#	PerlHandler MyModule::Server::Content
#</Files>