Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niilo Ursin <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 16:48:41 UTC

Problem with Mina (0.9.2) and java.net.URLConnection ?

Hi,

I just recently discovered Mina and it sounded great so I planned to use it
to create server that get's it's data from SOAP service.

Server is based on SumUp example I only modified protocol de/encoders. Web
Services client classes are built using JAX-WS. JAX-WS part stops working
when I use it with Mina server. Main problem seems to be that
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect gives
NullPointerException. And it causes "Unable to create StAX reader or writer"
error.

Then I tried to create HTTP connection manually (without JAX-WS) using
java.net.URLConnection class but then again when I call .connect() it gives
NullPointer. Trace shows this:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(
HttpURLConnection.java:781)