Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Kevin Jung <it...@samsung.com> on 2015/08/31 07:27:59 UTC

Re: Unable to build Spark 1.5, is build broken or can anyone successfully build?

I expect it because the versions are not in the range defined in pom.xml.
You should upgrade your maven version to 3.3.3 and JDK to 1.7.
Spark team already knows this issue so you can get some information on
community board of developers.

Kevin

Re: Unable to build Spark 1.5, is build broken or can anyone successfully build?

Posted by Robineast <Ro...@xense.co.uk>.
Both Spark 1.5 and 1.5.1 are released so it certainly shouldn't be a problem

-----
Robin East
Spark GraphX in Action Michael Malak and Robin East
Manning Publications Co.
http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action

Re: Unable to build Spark 1.5, is build broken or can anyone successfully build?

Posted by Ben Burford <be...@scaledaction.com>.
Thanks very much Kevin.

I didn't recognize from the title ( Maven issues with 1.5-RC) that this
was a 1.5 build problem.

Ben

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I don't think it's an 'issue'; the build does in fact require Maven
3.3.3 and Java 7 on purpose. If you don't have Maven 3.3.3, run
'build/mvn' or ('build/mvn --force' if you have an older Maven
locally) to get 3.3.3.