Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Suriyanarayanan, Senthil Kumar" <se...@capitalone.com> on 2001/04/23 15:30:05 UTC

Who are using Struts?

Hello,
	I wonder if anyone can provide me the list of few sites currently
using Struts as their part of Presentation Framework.

Thanks in advance,
Senthil Kumar.S

The Information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is

Re: Load Testing

Posted by Owen Scott Medd <os...@careersite.com>.
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Ted Husted wrote:
> One question for any Linux gurus -- I'll try and max this out and see
> for myself, but does anyone know what scale "uptime" uses for the load,
> and where performance trails off.  It starts at 0.00 -- and goes to
> 100.00?

uptime shows you the average number of processes that are in the
'runnable' state for the various time periods (1, 5, 15 minutes).  So, for
uniprocessor machines, a load factor of 1 might be considered high
(depending on how seriously you take those engineering safety factor
calculations), while for a 4 processor SMP machine, a load factor of one
would indicate you were only using a quarter of the machine (more or
less).

Of course, the whole load factor number discussion is somewhat simplified
and things other than cpu load can impact the ability of the machine to
respond to any given request (interrupts, paging, etc).

Note that I am not a linux guru, but I have played one on TV.

Owen
--
USMail:   CareerSite Corporation, 310 Miller Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Phone:    +1 734 213-9500	FAX:	+1 734 213-9011

Re: Load Testing

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I'm trying jmeter, and it seems useful, especially in conjunction with
manual testing, but I'm still finding my way around.

It has a feature for HTTP authentication, but I'm doing it myself.

I may need to setup a test action for some allows someone to login and
bid at the same time (it's an auction application -- also destined to be
open source, BTW).

RE: Load Testing

Posted by "Deadman, Hal" <ha...@tallan.com>.
The jmeter list said something about that being fixed in the CVS version.

>From the jmeter list:

This is the case in JMeter 1.5.  In 1.6, the alpha release doesn't allow
alternate ports.  However, it has been fixed in cvs.

-Mike

----end of snippet from jmeter list

Re: Load Testing

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.