Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sudhir <su...@infolead.com> on 2002/08/15 18:58:50 UTC

SOAP Header

Here is an example of the SOAP Request with the SOAP Header. I have a few questions on thise.

  1.. What is the difference betoween passing the struct "echoMeStructRequest" as part of the Header and passing it as a part of SOAP Body? Is there any difference in the implementation on the server side?
  2.. What is the significance of "actor=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next". It was my understanding that actor specifies who/what resource should understand the SOAP Request. Am I wrong?
  3.. Where can I find some help/tutorial/example as to how to develop a web service which uses SOAP Headers.?

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<SOAP-ENV:Header>
<h:echoMeStructRequest xmlns:h="http://soapinterop.org/echoheader/" SOAP-ENV:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next" SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1">
<varInt>42</varInt>
<varFloat>99.005</varFloat>