Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Daegyu Han <hd...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/19 08:46:44 UTC

What is the best way to analyze io latency in hdfs?

Hi all,

I'm currently studying HDFS, and I want to analyze HDFS io latency.

I know that C / C ++ programs can use perf and ftrace under Linux to
analyze user level and kernel level latency measurements and overhead.

I would like to analyze the read io latency in HDFS to user level (HDFS)
and system level (kernel I / O stack).

Which way is the best?

Thank you.

ᐧ

Re: What is the best way to analyze io latency in hdfs?

Posted by Julien Laurenceau <ju...@pepitedata.com>.
Hi,
On Linux you can monitor système call of any process using:

strace -p PIDofHDFSdatanode

It can be very verbose but the information will be there.

Did you try metrics available in ambari or cloudera manager ?

Regards