Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert Dodier <ro...@infotility.com> on 2008/02/14 21:40:29 UTC

status of CVS-like symbolic tags for svn

Hello,

A couple of years ago I subscribed to this mailing list for a while.
I remember that the notion of CVS-like symbolic tags was a hot topic.
Whatever became of that?

No need to rehash all the arguments. I just am wondering if
any such feature was implemented, or planned for a future release.

best

Robert Dodier

Re: status of CVS-like symbolic tags for svn

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 14, 2008, at 15:40, Robert Dodier wrote:

> A couple of years ago I subscribed to this mailing list for a while.
> I remember that the notion of CVS-like symbolic tags was a hot topic.
> Whatever became of that?
>
> No need to rehash all the arguments. I just am wondering if
> any such feature was implemented, or planned for a future release.

It continues to be a hot topic from time to time, but nothing has
thus far been planned or implemented.