Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Evan Jehu <ev...@codepit.ca> on 2002/04/09 20:57:00 UTC

Using typeMapping and Dates

Hi All,

I am struggling with the de/serialization of dates :-(

I have found some classes in the axis.jar that seem to deal with this and
wonder how to use them in a .wsdd file, I have tried a number of
incarnations including

<typeMapping qname="xnlms:dateTime"  xmlns:myNS="urn:dateTime"
  languageSpecificType="java:java.util.Date"
  serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.DateSerializerFactory"
  deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.DateDeserializerFactory"
/>

I consistently get a serializer not found for java.util.Date exception
thrown by the server.  I have looked through the docs but am still stumped
so any help would be great.

Evan