Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim N <tn...@gmail.com> on 2023/09/01 05:18:58 UTC

Re: Did something JSP related change between 9.0.71 and 9.0.73

We're seeing this too, but not in all our environments. We also use
NewRelic.
 JSP
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="${path}/style.css"/>
Previously rendered to
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/path/style.css"/>
Now renders to
    /path/style.css"/>

Affected Tomcat version is 9.0.78

Re: Did something JSP related change between 9.0.71 and 9.0.73

Posted by Tim N <tn...@gmail.com>.
One last note on this...we noticed some pages not fixed after upgrading New
Relic, but fixed them by deleting the compiled JSP files (e.g. files in
work/Tomcat/my-webapp/ROOT/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp) and letting
Tomcat re-compile them.

Posted by அருள்ராஜன் அ லை <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes. It is with some JASPER library changes in Tomcat which affected the
NewRelic agents. It was fixed in NewRelic agent 8.2.0. In our case we have
newrelic agent 7,4.x ., So it failed.

For a temporary measure we disabled the new relic browser monitoring and
moved on. (Ours is not a UI app)

You can check the fixes section of release notes
https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/release-notes/agent-release-notes/java-release-notes/java-agent-820/

https://github.com/newrelic/newrelic-java-agent/pull/1225

வெள்., 1 செப்., 2023, பிற்பகல் 3:02 அன்று, Tim N <tn...@gmail.com>
எழுதியது:

> Fixed by upgrading New Relic to 8.5.0!
>
> Other environments had this upgraded, but not the failing one.
>
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 5:26 PM Torsten Krah <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Am Freitag, dem 01.09.2023 um 15:18 +1000 schrieb Tim N:
> > > We're seeing this too, but not in all our environments. We also use
> > > NewRelic.
> >
> > Does it happen without NewRelic too? If not, better ask NewRelic about
> > that problem.

நன்றி,
அருள்.

Re: Did something JSP related change between 9.0.71 and 9.0.73

Posted by Tim N <tn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Torsten Krah <kr...@gmail.com>.