Posted to user@poi.apache.org by lanpirot <al...@aisec.fraunhofer.de> on 2018/06/05 14:57:54 UTC

Long XSLF Table needs splitting

Is there a built-in way to automatically split long tables, over many slides?
Without intervention long tables just become so big, that parts of them
aren't shown on the slide anymore.

(I want to output the same header row on each slide.)

I know I could do this "by hand" but don't want to reinvent the wheel, if
this function already exists.

Re: Long XSLF Table needs splitting

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/examples/HyperlinkExample.java

The example is xlsx files but the similar APIs exist for other document
formats.

RE: Long XSLF Table needs splitting

Posted by "Murphy, Mark" <mu...@metalexmfg.com>.
This seems to be a new question, not even related to Excel. Can you please not hijack threads, but instead create a new one? Odds are PJ's answer won't even help because he answered for Excel, and the API's aren't really even similar.

Posted by Nayan Zubeen Bayan <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by lanpirot <al...@aisec.fraunhofer.de>.

Posted by lanpirot <al...@aisec.fraunhofer.de>.
Hi Kiwikings!

I will share it, if I manage it ;)

Is there a way to get the "real" size of a table? The table.getAnchor()
doesn't return the size of the rendered table and the row.getHeight()
neither.
If the paragraph in a cell wraps n times the rendered row-height is (n *
row.getHeight()). Unfortunately I cannot compute n myself, can I? Can I
circumvent this somehow?

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Long XSLF Table needs splitting

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
HI Alexander,

unfortunately there's no such splitting feature yet.

Currently my POI todo list is too long, to work on that feature soon, but I would be grateful, if you share your implementation in case you'd decide to implement it via POI.

Best wishes,
Andi