Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp...@sbc.com> on 2004/11/11 15:28:14 UTC

[users@httpd] redirect SSL to HTTP?

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabricio Luiz Machado [mailto:soproman@yahoo.com.br]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 5:34 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] redirect SSLRequireSSL pages from http -> https automagically

Milan,
All-

I am looking for info that after getting initial https screen where its logon.jsp , as we use websphere plug-in along with HTTP to authenticate with Oracle initially  . Now I want it to leave https and get re directed to http in httpd.conf using virtual host stanza . Has anyone done this?

That is userid and passwd will be encrypted over network at logon screen but not the whole data that would be worked on at later screens .

Should I just replace 80 with 443 and https:// with http:// as shown below.
Thanks
Balanand Pinni

 I didn´t understand what you wanna do exactly, but if you want to
automaticaly redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS, you can do this:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
    ServerName www.domain.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond          %{HTTPS} !=on