Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> on 2002/06/26 00:06:22 UTC

[JK2] Trying 4.1.3 Beta + IIS

Hola a todos:

One of the Side effects of the 5.0 proposal, and the FlameWar <g>, is
that i'm truly committed to make 4.1.X work at least as well as 3.3.X is
doing with IIS, using Coyote/JK2 of course.. ;)

Right now, does not work well, jsp pages and 404 error and such kind of
things ( it seems generated content ) works , more or less, but
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html doesnt work.. weird, perhaps
related to the default servlet in 4.1.3? it seems..

Any advices?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: [JK2] Trying 4.1.3 Beta + IIS

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:
> Hola a todos:
>
> One of the Side effects of the 5.0 proposal, and the FlameWar <g>, is
> that i'm truly committed to make 4.1.X work at least as well as 3.3.X is
> doing with IIS, using Coyote/JK2 of course.. ;)

Wow, awesome news :)

> Right now, does not work well, jsp pages and 404 error and such kind of
> things ( it seems generated content ) works , more or less, but
> http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html doesnt work.. weird, perhaps
> related to the default servlet in 4.1.3? it seems..
>
> Any advices?

I can't really answer like that. The static files aren't supposed to get
served by IIS here ?

I can't think of anything funny the DefaultServlet would do over a
simpler servlet.

Also, although they are very close in behavior, there has been a number
of differences between the 3.3 adapter and the 4.x adapter, which can
cause trouble. The idea is to be able to eliminate those eventually, so
that we get the promised pluggability of containers and connectors.
I don't know if that's the problem here, but it's likely.

Remy