Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net> on 2004/09/25 21:46:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r11132 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Hi Karol,

> Author: karolszk
> Date: Sat Sep 25 16:22:42 2004
> New Revision: 11132
>
> Modified:
>    branches/1.1.x/subversion/po/pl.po
> Log:
> Polish translation update.
>
> * subversion/po/pl.po: updated fuzzy message and added two new
> translations.

I just sent a mail in response to a branch commit from plasma. That mail
applies to your commit too:

"From this commit log it looks like this is a direct branch commit.  The
Subversion project does not allow that.  However, I *did* post some time ago
trying to figure out why so many translators start out doing it anyway
(until they get pointed out not to do so):
http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2004-09/0307.shtml.

The only response I got was from Peter Lundblad stating that he is building
up experience on how to do translation maintenance on a branch without
direct commits.  Hopefully you can add to the discussion?

If your commit was not a direct commit, but rather a merge from trunk,
please state that in the log message and include which revisions you
merged."

Hoping for more reactions to my 'we need branch commits?' mail,

Erik.

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: svn commit: r11132 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Posted by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl>.
Hi Erik!

Yes that was direct branch commit. Alas, exactly as several my previous
commits to 1.1.x branch. :-( I know that Subversion does not allow such
commits. But I currenly I dont have a simple method to do that only via
merging.
Second I saw you topic about are we needing branch commits. But when I
have nothing constructive to say I am silent. :-)

But of course I am thinking how to resolve that problem with no breaking
Subversion rules concerning commits to branch.

greets,
Karol

Re: svn commit: r11132 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> First I sent email directly to you not to the list. My fault...
> Please forgive me that... I am too much thinking about direct
> commits...:-)
>
> Greets,
> Karol

Never mind; no harm there. I do this myself quite regularly too :-)

Thanks for sending to the list too.

bye,

Erik.