Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "H. Carter Harris" <ca...@technettn.net> on 2004/09/16 16:28:20 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] asp conversion more

I have done some research on the suggestions offerred in this thread and I
want to extend
the question a little bit.

The pages under the soon-to-be-prior server were all found by:

www.domain.com/product.asp
www.domain.com/catalog.asp

The pages where these will be redirected are under an application (zen-cart)
running a smarty template so that the pages will be addressed (simplified
version) like so:

http://www.domain.com/store/index.php?main_page=product
http://www.domain.com/store/index.php?main_page=catalog

There is a one-to-one correspondance between the old pages and the new pages
but the rewrite might be a bit complex.

I tried a RediretPermanent directive as follows:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.103:80>
DocumentRoot /home/domain_com/public_html
ServerName www.domain.com
RedirectPermanent http://www.domain.com/test.asp
http://www.domain.com/store/index.php?main_page=conditions
RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.technettn\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301.L]
Alias /awstatsicons "/home/domain_com/public_html/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "home/domain_com/public_html/cgi-bin/"
Setenv VLOG /home/domain_com/logs
# ErrorLogs /home/domain_com/logs/test2-error_log
</VirtualHost>

Restarted apache but it returned a "404 File not found" error.
I also tried the following:

Redirect 303 http://www.domain.com/test.asp
http://www.domain.com/store/index.php?main_page=conditions

but no joy.

Am I misunderstanding the redirect directive?
What will be lost with search engines that have www.domain.com/product.asp
in their database by using redirect if I can get it working?