Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by 你要挨打哦 <12...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/04/18 02:45:21 UTC

[Feature Request]Add MySQL logger to persist logs from apisix

Hello,

The APISIX  has some plugin loggers like http-logger,kafka-logger which can receive log from apisix to persistence or analysis, but without MySQL logger.

Today, MySQL is the second ranking RDBMS solution in the world, according to DB Engines <https://db-engines.com/en/ranking> and it is a free-to-use, open-source database that facilitates effective management of databases by connecting them to the software. It is a stable, reliable and powerful solution with advanced features like the following Data Security, High Performance and so on, so there are many users or companies already use MySQL to persist data.

And lua-resty-mysql <https://github.com/openresty/lua-resty-mysql> is a MySQL client driver for the ngx_lua nginx module, it support basic operation of CURD, maybe we can use it to persist request logs from apisix.

Please leave your comments below if there's anyone agrees with me.

Thank you.

Re: [Feature Request]Add MySQL logger to persist logs from apisix

Posted by zhixiongdu027 <ro...@libssl.com>.
Hi all:

     compared to kafka, mongo,
     elasticsearch is a bit more used for storing logs.
     I  think apisix needs an elasticsearch-logger more

在 4/18/22 23:53, ZhengSong Tu 写道:

Posted by Joey Ma <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thank you all for the advice about this mysql-logger.

From my perspective, in order to figure out whether apisix needs a
mysql-logger, we not only need the technical view, but also the views of
product solution or community ecosystem.

MySQL is still a widely used relational database, which also supports
cluster mode with high performance and stored lots of data of legacy
systems. In the scenario of system integration, customers may use MySQL to
do data processing along with other management systems to resolve auditing,
transactional data reading/writing and etc. MongoDB, ClickHouse and
Cassandra are definitely all better than MySQL for logging storage, but
actually this does not mean no one will still use MySQL to store logs. :-)

Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,
Joey

Posted by zhixiongdu027 <ro...@libssl.com>.
Hi ZhengSong:

     It is very unexpected and pleasant to receive your invitation,  I
am very happy to accept.

    This is the first time I have come into this kind of project ,
please give me more advice in the future.

    Very tks

在 4/19/22 09:31, ZhengSong Tu 写道:

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hi zhixiong,

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hi, mango,

Posted by mango <12...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Yes, I noticed that APISIX will support different backend as source of confirmation instead of etcd, and I’d like to word if there's anything need support.

And this feature request may work as a logger such as Kafka-logger to save request Log.

Posted by mango <12...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Hi Jintao & John Chever:

Thanks for your different views, it is very useful and constructive for me.

By the way, the PR about this feature request already done, if there are more agree, I’d very like to push it.

Best wish,
mango

Posted by Chever John <ch...@gmail.com>.
 Hi, Jintao & mango

Posted by Jintao Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chever John <ch...@gmail.com>.
 Hi,

Posted by 你要挨打哦 <12...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for your guidance. I have sent an email to dev-subscribe@apisix.apache.org <ma...@apisix.apache.org> and received a comfirmation email from dev-help@apisix.apache.org <ma...@apisix.apache.org> who told me that The address

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi,