Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/05/17 16:12:14 UTC

stage:copy ClassCastException with maven 2.0.9

Hi,
I have just try to stage the maven-invoker and I have the following exception :

[INFO] org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.ScpWagon
[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.ScpWagon
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.stage.DefaultRepositoryCopier.copy(DefaultRepositoryCopier.java:252)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.stage.CopyRepositoryMojo.execute(CopyRepositoryMojo.java:93)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecuto

The workaround was to use maven 2.0.8.

--
Olivier

Re: stage:copy ClassCastException with maven 2.0.9

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 22/05/2008, at 1:28 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Are you going to roll this back? No one can stage anything until you
> do.

setMaven 2.0.8 is way easier than setMaven 2.0.10 (given it's not
released yet :)

Apologies for the inconvenience, all.

- Brett

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Rolling it back would have to mean rolling the webdav back out of the
core as well. (that's what started this whole chain)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 19-May-08, at 2:28 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 20/05/2008, at 7:23 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>

>> On 19-May-08, at 2:38 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, same problem.
>>>
>>> It does appear this was the change I was referring to (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=642223
>>> ). I hadn't anticipated the direct use of classes from a wagon
>>> implementation, just the API. Sorry!
>>>
>>> I'll look into the possibility of changing the filters for
>>> extensions vs plugins.
>>>

>> Wouldn't be easier, and safer, to roll that change back?
>
> I was going to suggest that as one of the alternatives, yes. But
> that would also mean you can't use a different version of the
> bundled wagons at all. I'd rather take a closer look at the change
> first.

We have been releasing significantly faster with the last couple
releases, and if Wagon remains compatible why would you need to use a
different version? Making changes to the artifact filtering is pretty
risky business in 2.0.x.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 19-May-08, at 2:38 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Yeah, same problem.
>
> It does appear this was the change I was referring to (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=642223
> ). I hadn't anticipated the direct use of classes from a wagon
> implementation, just the API. Sorry!
>
> I'll look into the possibility of changing the filters for
> extensions vs plugins.

Wouldn't be easier, and safer, to roll that change back?

> - Brett
>
> On 19/05/2008, at 5:58 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have cleaned my repo and try it again. I always have the same
>> issue.
>>
>> I have try with this with cli :
>> mvn stage:copy -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-repo/
>> "
>> -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/home/olamy/tmp" -Dversion=2.0.8
>> -DtargetRepositoryId=apache.releases
>>
>> Can someone else try with a different target
>> -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/home/YOUR_APACHE_USER_NAME/tmp"
>>
>> Note at the end, there a file staging-plugin-2.0.8.zip in the
>> remote target.
>>
>> --
>> Olivier
>>
>> 2008/5/19 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
>>> I also used the final RC of 2.0.9 to release Archiva last time.
>>>
>>> I did change the filtering for wagon-ssh in a much earlier commit
>>> - that
>>> would be my initial guess, but I also have a feeling I would have
>>> tried
>>> stage copying with that in place already.
>>>
>>> Is this being done with the latest release of the stage plugin, or
>>> trunk?
>>>
>>> - Brett

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

-- Jakob Burckhardt

Re: stage:copy ClassCastException with maven 2.0.9

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Yeah, same problem.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
I have a private plugin that uses the stage-plugin code, and just got
the same stacktrace from one of my users yesterday.
Probably also because he switched to 2.0.9. I'll ask him on monday...