Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/08/01 15:45:26 UTC

Separating overview and reference parts of User Guide

I'd like to create two pages from the existing user guide [1] to give the
following structure

User Guide
   Getting Started with Tuscany using a Tuscany Distribution from the
Command Line<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Getting+Started+with+Tuscany+%28+using+the+Command+Line%29>
   Getting Started with Tuscany using a Tuscany Distribution In
Eclipse<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Getting+Started+with+Tuscany>
   Getting Started with Tuscany using the Tuscany Eclipse
plugin<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Getting+Started+with+Tuscany+%28using+Tuscany+Eclipse+Plugin%29>
   First Steps - Building your first web services using
Tuscany<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Build+your+first+Web+Services+with+Tuscany>
User Reference
   A page for each feature or extension that we want to describe in detail

Where the User Guide contains the overview material and the User Reference
contains the expanding list of links to features and extension pages which
is currently lurking toward the bottom of the User Guide. The User Guide
itself need's tidying and requires more content.

If no one objects I'll go ahead and make changes next week.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+User+Guide

Re: Separating overview and reference parts of User Guide

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

I like the idea of a user reference guide with detail pages on various
features and extensions. I hope to add many pages there.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Separating overview and reference parts of User Guide

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  ++1 to split of the user guide and reference.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

I just made the split so from the documentation front page [1] you can
navigate to a user guide [2] and a user reference [3]. Please consider
yourself invited to add useful content to both the guide and the references.
They are currently neither complete or particularly up to date.

Regards

Simon

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Documentation+Menu
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+User+Guide
[3]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+User+Reference

Re: Separating overview and reference parts of User Guide

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.