Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marin Odrljin <ma...@vz.tel.hr> on 2002/02/26 01:12:14 UTC

Problem with importing reply certificate from CA

Hello everybody!

I have problem with importing cert reply from VeriSign.
I'm using jdk1.3 and I made my keys with keytool. Than I sent CSR to
VerySign and they gave me signed certificate in Internet RFC 1421
Certificate Encoding Standard (Base 64 encoding) which begins like:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
and ends like:
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

I have problem when I try to import it with same alias (tomcat) or even
different. I know that keystore format (default) is jks and reply is in
pkcs7 format.
When I try to import certificate (with same alias I used for -genkey) I got
a message:
    keytool error: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unsupported
encoding,
and when I try import it with different alias I got message:
    keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Input not a X.509 certificate

In keytool documentation is written that keytool -import command can
actually import binary encoding format or printable format (Internet RFC
1421 Certificate Encoding Standard) but I can't import that printable! Why I
didn't got .cer file and how I can import that printable?

Thank you very much!!!
Marin

Re: Problem with importing reply certificate from CA

Posted by Marin Odrljin <ma...@vz.tel.hr>.
Hello Jason!

Thank you for that piece of information, it solved my problem. I just needed
2 carriage returns! I don't know why and how, but it works just fine!

Thanks a lot!
Marin

Posted by Jason Barr <ja...@thawte.com>.
HI Marin,