Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrew Ott <ao...@actcom.net> on 2005/07/12 01:37:42 UTC

Bayes Questions

 For those of you running large sites ( we have about 12,000 users, with
210,000 messages a day) what do you have for a bayes_expiry_max_db_size?

Also is there any way to see the count of spam and ham messages that are in
the bayes database, I can't seem to find any info on that.  I want to make
sure there are a lot in there before I turn the bayes rules on.

Thank you.

Andrew

Re: Bayes Questions

Posted by "Daniel J. Cody" <dc...@uwm.edu>.
Andrew,

Andrew Ott wrote:
> Also is there any way to see the count of spam and ham messages that are in
> the bayes database, I can't seem to find any info on that.  I want to make
> sure there are a lot in there before I turn the bayes rules on.

If you run spamassassin --lint -D you should see a line that says
something like:

debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 10000, nham = 5000

nspam is the number of spam messages, nham is the number of hams it has
learned.

HTH

Dan

Re: Bayes Questions

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Andrew Ott wrote:
>  For those of you running large sites ( we have about 12,000 users, with
> 210,000 messages a day) what do you have for a bayes_expiry_max_db_size?

Sorry, I'm not a large site, can't answer that.

> Also is there any way to see the count of spam and ham messages that are in
> the bayes database, I can't seem to find any info on that.  I want to make
> sure there are a lot in there before I turn the bayes rules on.

sa-learn --dump magic

Re: Bayes Questions

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Herb Martin wrote on Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:35:55 -0500:

> I checked magic, performed learn with each of ham/spam,
> saw positive sign that 'M of N messages were learned' and
> yet on viewing magic subsequently the numbers for both
> nspam and nham had not changed.

You probably learned with a different user. SA can have site-wide or
user-specific Bayes. Depending on that you have to be careful which user
you learn to.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

RE: Bayes Questions

Posted by Herb Martin <He...@learnquick.com>.
> From: Kai Schaetzl [mailto:maillists@conactive.com]
> > Andrew Ott wrote on Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:37:42 -0600:
>
> > Also is there any way to see the count of spam and ham
> messages that
> > are in the bayes database, I can't seem to find any info on
> that.  I
> > want to make sure there are a lot in there before I turn
> the bayes rules on.
>
> sa-learn --dump magic

I checked magic, performed learn with each of ham/spam,
saw positive sign that 'M of N messages were learned' and
yet on viewing magic subsequently the numbers for both
nspam and nham had not changed.

Is this expected behavior?  What should I do different.

I did 'sync' and yet the magic values still remained unchanged.

--
Herb

Re: Bayes Questions

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.