Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Guy Doulberg <Gu...@conduit.com> on 2011/01/19 08:26:44 UTC

Add Partitions - is this a bug?

Hey all,

I tried yesterday to bulkily add partitions, i.e:

ALTER TABLE table add
                                PARTITION (p='1') LOCATION 'path1'
                                PARTITION (p='2') LOCATION 'path2'
                                PARTITION (p='3') LOCATION 'path3'
                                PARTITION (p='4') LOCATION 'path4

After running this command, I got ok.

Later I used the describe partition command, and discovered that:
Partition 2,3,4 are pointing to the location of partition 1.

Is it a known bug?
I am using hive 0.5, was it fixed in 0.6?

Thanks,