Posted to users@maven.apache.org by JC Walmetz <jc...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/02/19 09:37:21 UTC

Re: [m2] Compile with one JDK and tests with several

What I'd like to do is to execute tests in  1.5 and 1.6. Changing the rt.jar
is not enough. By the past we had trouble with bugs in JDK. Just changing
the rt.jar is not enough. We really need to use another JDK.

What I'd like to do is during the dev to use JDK 1.5, to release with the
JDK 1.5 and then to perform tests using the jar created during the release.

It means that for the release, tests uses the classes compile in the compile
phase. When tested in JDK, I'd like to use the jar for sources deploy in my
repository.

To do that I have tried several solutions:
1- Generate a jar for sources and tests. Unfortunatelly, I have not been
able to configure surefire plugin to search for JUnit tests in a Jar. It
looks like the plugin searches only tests in the test directory.
2- Write another project just for tests. It uses tests sources and recompile
it (no very convenient solution in the SCM). Problem with that solution is
that I have to write for each module two projects (one for the dev and
another for the tests in JDK 1.6).
3-Try to use profile: I do not want to recompile sources. With profile I
have not been able to disable generation of jar.

None of this solution looks really friendly.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
You may look at the maven-dependecy-plugin and it'zs unpack goal

Posted by JC Walmetz <jc...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by JC Walmetz <jc...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.