Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com> on 2020/02/05 21:53:15 UTC

[Vote] Include GEODE-7752 into 1.12

Hi there Geode dev,

I would like to request that GEODE-7752
(7028f601680fee3f57cbdff63951128d7180ca13) gets included into 1.12.

This piece of code is a refactor of work done in GEODE-7715. This
refactor specializes Builders and simplifies Builder behavior for better
user experience.

--Udo

Re: [Vote] Include GEODE-7752 into 1.12

Posted by Alexander Murmann <am...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the additional context, Udo! That makes a lot of sense.

I want to make sure we are very deliberate about including anything but a
critical fix in a release branch after it has been cut.

+1 to including Udo's change once we feel confident about the tests

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: [Vote] Include GEODE-7752 into 1.12

Posted by Owen Nichols <on...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Getting it right the first time will definitely save us pains down the road.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.

Posted by Ernest Burghardt <eb...@pivotal.io>.
errata

Posted by Ernest Burghardt <eb...@pivotal.io>.
There appears to be consensus that this is a critical fix.

The following commit has been brought into release/1.12 as the
critical fix for GEODE-7752:

git cherry-pick -x 7028f601680fee3f57cbdff63951128d7180ca13
git cherry-pick -x 9c102e4f8836ca32ad51a05bbd4d0107e8fc0343

GEODE-XXXX has been marked as 'resolved in' 1.12.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.
Hi there EB,

Posted by Ernest Burghardt <eb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.com>.

Posted by Mark Hanson <mh...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the heads up. This is breaking DistributedTestOpenJDK and Udo confirmed the are of concern and is going to revert this.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Ernest Burghardt <eb...@pivotal.io>.
Udo,