Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org> on 2001/04/15 09:27:56 UTC

Form population

I've been having a dig around, and have found that the BeanUtils.populate doesn't really
handle very many datatypes. Or more specifically, I can't get it to set an integer value,
where my bean has

	public void setKey(int key);

or

	public void setKey(Integer key);

neither get called. What I am finding is the BeanUtils only finds String values when it
process the results of the form, and so thinks all the setter methods are Strings
as well. There doesn't seem anyway to force the <html:text/> tag to be an Integer
value. I can understand why the first won't work (non-object type), but not the second.

Any suggestions, or this is a feature/bug?

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML