Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rigas <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/02/25 13:59:08 UTC

JMeter: How to reference a regexp

Hi there,
I seem to be having a problem referencing a regular expression - It's the
second time I m doing something with regexp and don't know what's wrong

I have the following regular Expression Extractor under an HttpRequest under
a Thread Group

Reference Name:   subsectionid
Regular Expression:   parentId=(\d*).*subsection1
Template:   $1$
Match No:   0
Default Value:   -1

Then in another Request I have a parameter checksubsections with the value
${subsectionid_g1}

PROBLEM: When I check the results tree, after I run the test, in the request
I see checkSubsections=${subsectionid_g1}, which means that it somehow does
not recognise that this is a variable. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Rigas

Re: JMeter: How to reference a regexp

Posted by Rigas <ri...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi sebb
What exactly is a JavaTest Sampler? I could not find it in JMeter but sounds
very useful because I want to be testing the values of regular expressions.
I have checked everything else but could not find a solution

Posted by Korecherla <sk...@yahoo.com>.
I have a similar problem.
After generating the _StringFromFile(..) I replace it in the HTTPRequest where the value needs to be replaced.
When I run the test, it does not take any of the values.
I do not know what I am missing.
Could u please help me?
Sapna

sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:59:08 +0200, Rigas wrote:
> Hi there,
> I seem to be having a problem referencing a regular expression - It's the
> second time I m doing something with regexp and don't know what's wrong
>
> I have the following regular Expression Extractor under an HttpRequest under
> a Thread Group
>
> Reference Name: subsectionid
> Regular Expression: parentId=(\d*).*subsection1
> Template: $1$
> Match No: 0

This means select a random match - is this intended?

> Default Value: -1

Otherwise looks OK.

> Then in another Request I have a parameter checksubsections with the value
> ${subsectionid_g1}
>
> PROBLEM: When I check the results tree, after I run the test, in the request
> I see checkSubsections=${subsectionid_g1}, which means that it somehow does
> not recognise that this is a variable. What am I doing wrong?

Are both the samplers in the same thread group?

Are the variables spelt exactly the same (case matters)?

Try adding a JavaTest sampler immediately after the original Http
sampler to check the value(s) of the Regex variables.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Rigas

=======================
Sapna Korecherla

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: JMeter: How to reference a regexp

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:59:08 +0200, Rigas <ri...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I seem to be having a problem referencing a regular expression - It's the
> second time I m doing something with regexp and don't know what's wrong
>
> I have the following regular Expression Extractor under an HttpRequest under
> a Thread Group
>
> Reference Name:   subsectionid
> Regular Expression:   parentId=(\d*).*subsection1
> Template:   $1$
> Match No:   0

This means select a random match - is this intended?

> Default Value:   -1

Otherwise looks OK.