Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com> on 2012/11/26 21:38:02 UTC

ARQ Extensions Documentation

Me and colleague noticed that the ARQ documentation at http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/ is somewhat out of date

Most of the things listed in the Extensions that require syntaxARQ are now actually SPARQL 1.1 standard features.  I can clean some of this up myself but can you clarify what is still ARQ specific extensions, I'm aware of the following:

  *   LET
  *   EXISTS/NOT EXISTS as raw graph patterns, and UNSAID alias
  *   Complex property path forms I.e. <predicate>{n,m}
  *   Auto-aliasing of project expressions and aggregates I.e. (COUNT(*))
  *   Naked project expressions and aggregates I.e. COUNT(*)
  *   CALL() dynamic function invocation

Any others?

By the time you read this I will have cleaned up some of the documentation

Rob

Re: ARQ Extensions Documentation

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 26/11/12 20:38, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Me and colleague noticed that the ARQ documentation at http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/ is somewhat out of date
>
> Most of the things listed in the Extensions that require syntaxARQ are now actually SPARQL 1.1 standard features.  I can clean some of this up myself but can you clarify what is still ARQ specific extensions, I'm aware of the following:
>

>    *   LET
>    *   EXISTS/NOT EXISTS as raw graph patterns, and UNSAID alias
>    *   Complex property path forms I.e. <predicate>{n,m}

and the property paths page seems to have suffered from the old HTML to
mdtext conversion.  Hmm - how do you write a real | in an mdtext table cell?

>    *   Auto-aliasing of project expressions and aggregates I.e. (COUNT(*))
>    *   Naked project expressions and aggregates I.e. COUNT(*)
>    *   CALL() dynamic function invocation
>
> Any others?

Not that I can recall but I'll check the grammar.

> By the time you read this I will have cleaned up some of the documentation

Thanks.  It's probably time to only refer to SPARQL 1.1 and not about
historical extensions to SPARQL 1.0 so this is good timing.

(It's also time to do a complete review and reorganise!)

	Andy