Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by abhijith <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/21 19:02:38 UTC

[Artemis] WebConsole (Hawt.io artemis plugin)

Hi,

I know there was a big discussion about adding webconsole to Artemis.  I am
not sure if any conclusion was reached on that.  It is a huge benefit for
our production support.  So, would very much like to see that feature
getting added in future releases.

For now I was trying to play around with hawt.io to check if we can put a UI
in front of Artemis JMX.  Stumbled upon
https://github.com/rh-messaging/artemis-hawtio which quipped my interest.

Had few questions regarding the same.

1. Is the above plugin open sourced?  I did not see any license information
on the same.
2. Do I need to do anything extra to enable Jolokia in Artemis?  I have the
standard bootstrap.xml which defines Jolokia and when artemis boots up I do
see the message that "01:55:57,801 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis]
AMQ241002: Artemis Jolokia REST API available at
http://localhost:8161/jolokia".  But When I access
"http://localhost:8161/jolokia/read/org.apache.activemq.artemis:module=Core,type=Server/Version"
I get 404.
3. Not able to get the above plugin working even after following
instructions.  Raised an issue on the github repo but no response
yet(https://github.com/rh-messaging/artemis-hawtio/issues/27).  Not sure if
this is the right forum to even ask for help on this one.

Any help regarding the same is much needed.  Thanks in advance.

Re: [Artemis] WebConsole (Hawt.io artemis plugin)

Posted by mlange <ml...@anwb.nl>.
good to see this one;

Jolokia is offered out of the box and should work. I did alter the
"localhost" to "0.0.0.0" to make it available remotely, but care should be
taken, as this opens up the server for others. Also, I noticed that the
Artemis documentation regarding Jolokia is not 100% accurate anymore. I
expect some beans have been renamed or otherwise altered.

For Hawt.io and the artemis plugin: I am not aware of any licensing, so
can't answer on that. I did notice it's not 100% compatible with the current
version of Artemis (first message as JSON returns an error, can't browse
queues, ...) but it does give the info I use in my tests: which queues are
deployed and how many messages they contain and how many were put and
removed.