Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nathan Kellogg <ap...@nwlocation.com> on 2006/11/20 23:47:40 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL config question

I need some help getting SSL to work in conjunction with auth.  Using the
following vhost entry, SSLng works fine if we set the following config up
with <VirtualHost 10.1.2.98:443>.  However, we only want ssl used when
accessing the /kna directory so we left off the ssl port on the VirtualHost
directive and included SSLReguire within that directory.   It does not
work, Apace errors with " SSl connection required".

Any help is appreciated!

<VirtualHost 10.1.2.98>

     ServerAdmin nathan@nwlocation.com
     DocumentRoot c:/nwls/htdocs
     ServerName nwlocation.com
     ServerAlias www.nwlocation.com
     ErrorLog c:/nwls/logs/error_log
     CustomLog c:/nwls/logs/access_log common

  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile    c:/www/ssl/server.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile c:/www/ssl/server.pem
  SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

<Directory "c:/nwls/htdocs/">
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory c:/nwls/htdocs/kna/>

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Authorization Required"
AuthUserFile c:/nwls/passwords
Require user test
SSLRequireSSL

</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] SSL config question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 11/20/06, Nathan Kellogg <ap...@nwlocation.com> wrote:
> I need some help getting SSL to work in conjunction with auth.  Using the
> following vhost entry, SSLng works fine if we set the following config up
> with <VirtualHost 10.1.2.98:443>.  However, we only want ssl used when
> accessing the /kna directory so we left off the ssl port on the VirtualHost
> directive and included SSLReguire within that directory.   It does not
> work, Apace errors with " SSl connection required".

You need to setup two vhosts: one with SSL, the other without.  Then
redirect to the SSL vhost for requests to the non-SSL vhost in the
/kna directory.  See the second example here:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Recipes/RedirectSSL

Joshua.