Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2003/10/09 10:41:07 UTC

taglib - 2 Questions.

Hi,

Am running my webapp under tomcat 4.1.18. Everything was fine till
yesterday (always is:)).

I am facing this issue today. I wrote a new taglib for a jsp page
called PotatoList.jsp.

<cw:nextPrevLink listSize='<%= getTotalNumberOfPotatoes()%>'
						 offset='<%=offset%>'
						 displaySize='<%=Constants.POTATO_LIST_DISPLAY_SIZE%>'
						 link='someLink'/>

Now when i change the value of the Constants.POTATO_LIST_DISPLAY_SIZE
in the Constants.java and "reload" my webapp thru the tomcat manager
and go to PotatoList.jsp the taglib takes the old value of displaySize
(I have a system.out.println("") .. inside the class that implements
the taglib).

Now if i change the PotatoList.jsp and "save it again" ... tomcat
recompiles PotatoList.jsp when it comes across it. This time the taglib
nextPrevLink takes the correct new value of Constants.
POTATO_LIST_DISPLAY_SIZE.

1. How do I have my taglib take the updated values without having to
recompile my jsp pages ?

Also I do not know if this is related. But when tomcat recompiles the
PotatoList.jsp page above it shows me these lines in the log file:

ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not
reported to parser for entity [document]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope
URI is absolute: http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope
this SYSTEM id is absolute: http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not
reported to parser for entity [dtd]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: missing system ID,
using http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not
reported to parser for entity [document]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope
URI is absolute: http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: No base URI; hope
this SYSTEM id is absolute:
http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not
reported to parser for entity [dtd]
ParserUtils: warning org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: missing system ID,
using http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd

2. Why does this happen and how do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance,