Posted to user@commons.apache.org by sagun shakya <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2009/03/26 02:38:51 UTC

why is my withArgName argument being overwritten

Hi,

I have an Option created as:
Option fooOption = OptionBuilder.withDescription("add foo")
                                           .withLongOpt("add_foo")
                                           .hasArgs(2)
                                           .withArgName("foo")
                                           .withArgName("bar")
                                              .create("baz");

When I call |*printUsage <http://commons.apache.org/cli/api-1.0/org/apache/commons/cli/HelpFormatter.html#printUsage%28java.io.PrintWriter,%20int,%20java.lang.String,%20org.apache.commons.cli.Options%29
 >*(PrintWriter <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/io/PrintWriter.html
 > pw,
          int width,
          String <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/lang/String.html
          Options <http://commons.apache.org/cli/api-1.0/org/apache/commons/cli/Options.html
 > options)|

by passing in fooOption. The usage for the cli only outputs
usage: mytestCli [-baz <bar>]

How do I get to print both "foo" and "bar"

TIA,

Re: why is my withArgName argument being overwritten

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
sagun shakya wrote at Donnerstag, 26. März 2009 02:38:

> Hi,
>
> I have an Option created as:
> Option fooOption = OptionBuilder.withDescription("add foo")
>                                            .withLongOpt("add_foo")
>                                            .hasArgs(2)
>                                            .withArgName("foo")
>                                            .withArgName("bar")
>                                               .create("baz");

Because the OptionBuilder builds always only one option at a time.
http://commons.apache.org/cli/usage.html

- Jörg