Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Swati Rananaware <sw...@solutionenterprises.co.in> on 2012/03/24 07:43:23 UTC

Want help to create a rule for filtering mails with empty message body and attachments

I want to create a rule to flag a mail with empty message body and
attachment. I have read about the PDFInfo plugin but I am not allowed to
enable any kind of plugin on server. So creating a rule is must for me. I
have created some rules previously, but the problem is I am not able to
understand, how to check for empty message body? Because even if we have
sent a empty mail, mail contains

--f46d04479717af73f704bb6c327d

--f46d04479717af73f704bb6c327d

In that case, I am not able to find a way to filter a message with empty
body.
Please suggest something to sort out this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Want help to create a rule for filtering mails with empty message body and attachments

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.
> Sorry for bothering you guys.
> Found answer to my question:

Cool.. this should be part of the stock SA rules

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
    * Best Intrusion Prevention Product
    * Hot Company Finalist 2011
    * Best Email Security Product
    * Certified SNORT Integrator

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/

Re: Want help to create a rule for filtering mails with empty message body and attachments

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, RW wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:39:51 +0530
> Swati Rananaware wrote:
>
>> Sorry for bothering you guys.
>> Found answer to my question:
>>
>> body BODY_RULE_1 /[::blank::]/
>
> That will hit any body with a space or tab in it.

It's going to be rather hard to check for a blank body, as the Subject
header is treated as part of the body.

Perhaps (totally untested):

body   __NONSUBJ_BODY   /^(?!Subject:\s)/
meta   EMPTY_BODY   !__NONSUBJ_BODY

   Homeland Security: Specializing in Tactical Band-aids for Strategic
   Problems.                       -- Eric K. in Bruce Schneier's blog
  471 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)

Re: Want help to create a rule for filtering mails with empty message body and attachments

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Swati Rananaware <sw...@solutionenterprises.co.in>.
Sorry for bothering you guys.
Found answer to my question:

body BODY_RULE_1 /[::blank::]/
describe BODY_RULE_1 blank mail body
score BODY_RULE_1 1.0

mimeheader MIMEHEADER_RULE_01 Content-Type =~ /multipart\/mixed/i
describe MIMEHEADER_RULE_01 Attachments
score MIMEHEADER_RULE_01 0.5

meta META_RULE_1  BODY_RULE_1 && MIMEHEADER_RULE_01
describe META_RULE_1 Empty mail body with attachment
score META_RULE_1 1.5

Thanks,
-Swati