Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jo...@comcast.net on 2004/02/09 22:45:29 UTC

Mail bounced thru Kazakhstan -- This list only

Hello,

Sending mail to this list is not working properly. This is a test
through Comcast's web interface instead of OE. 'Course if you have
a clue, regarding this problem, I'd like to hear from you. (Al's
address below is unreachable. Comcast support has proven useless.)

When I try to post to a list at modperl@perl.apache.org my mail
gets bounced with this message:

Subject: Returned mail: You are not allowed posting  # (not true, AFAIK)

   From: "Jonathan Mangin" <jo...@comcast.net>
   To: 2:5083/82
   Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:36:15 -0500
   Subject: Re: Registry not loaded...script still works

   could not be gateway to this address

   For more information about this gateway send a mail to
   Alexander Uskov 2:5083/121 or al@fido.almaty.idc.kz

I am subscribed to the list. The message lands on the list plus
I get the returned mail. Can you offer any insights to this
problem? Thanks.

Jon

Re: Mail bounced thru Kazakhstan -- This list only

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
jon.mangin@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sending mail to this list is not working properly. This is a test
> through Comcast's web interface instead of OE. 'Course if you have
> a clue, regarding this problem, I'd like to hear from you. (Al's
> address below is unreachable. Comcast support has proven useless.)
>

> When I try to post to a list at modperl@perl.apache.org my mail
> gets bounced with this message:
>
> Subject: Returned mail: You are not allowed posting  # (not true, AFAIK)
>
>    From: "Jonathan Mangin" <jo...@comcast.net>
>    To: 2:5083/82
>    Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:36:15 -0500
>    Subject: Re: Registry not loaded...script still works
>
>    could not be gateway to this address
>
>    For more information about this gateway send a mail to
>    Alexander Uskov 2:5083/121 or al@fido.almaty.idc.kz
>
> I am subscribed to the list. The message lands on the list plus
> I get the returned mail. Can you offer any insights to this
> problem? Thanks.

Same here.

I've reported the issue and that person will be removed from the list.

In the future please report bounce problems to:

   modperl-owner /a/t/ perl.apache.org

Thanks.