Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gustavo Tomazi Ludwig <gt...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 20:39:54 UTC

setting column width for Excel 2007 book (xssf)

Hi all,

Apache POI is a very nice lib! Gratz to the developers! This is my first
post here and hope to get some help! I found no way to searche the
archives for a similar thread, so I post this new one!

I found a great example on the web and have learned a lot about POI from
it.

I need to generate a new Excel 2007+ workbook with a series of sheets
from my application. But since the resulting Excel workbook will be used
by the management it needs to look good! I'm sure you know what I mean! :)

I have a layout model for one of the sheets and I need to set the width
of a column to a given value. Currently, this value is 11cm (something
like 430 pixels).

Is there a way to define this in code?

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo