Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sakthi <sa...@apache.org> on 2019/10/15 18:42:18 UTC

[VOTE] Second Release Candidate for HBase 1.3.6 is available for download

Please vote on this release candidate (RC1) for Apache HBase 1.3.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 1.3.6

The tag to be voted on is '1.3.6RC1' (806dc36
<https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/806dc3625c96fe2cfc03048f3c54a0b38bc9e984>
):
https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/1.3.6RC1

It's available for download at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.3.6RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1368/

Artifacts are signed with my key (851528A6) published in our KEYS file at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

A list of the 73 issues resolved in this release can be found at:
https://s.apache.org/0amqk

A list of exclude patters for the known flakey tests can be found at:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-1.3/

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.3.6RC1/compat-check-report.html

The RC includes 1 incompatible change
- Changes were made to the "Region" public interface to make sure a list of
clusterIDs can be passed to the "bulkLoadHFiles" function to break circle
replication during bulk load.

*PREFLIGHT CHECKS DONE:*
Java Version - Zulu 1.7.0_232-b6

Fully-Distributed Mode (3 Nodes)

Hadoop Version - 2.7.7

   -

   Built bin tarball tarball from Source
   -

   Checksums & Signatures - OK
   -

   RAT check - OK
   -

   ITBLL (8M) rows (& MR Tasks using Resource Manager [Verified]) - OK
   -

   LTT (5M) rows - OK
   -

   Shell [CRUD Operations] - OK
   -

   Web UI, Logs - OK
   -

   REST Server - OK
   -

      CRUD Operations, Web UI, Logs - OK
      -

   Thrift Server - OK
   -

      CRUD Operations, Web UI, Logs - OK
      -

   Compatibility Report - OK
   -

   HDFS directory structure - OK

Java Version - Corretto 1.8.0_222-b10
Standalone mode

   - Built bin tarball from Source
   -

   Shell [CRUD Operations] - OK
   -

   Web UI, Logs - OK

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Sakthi

Re: [VOTE] Second Release Candidate for HBase 1.3.6 is available for download

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn package -P runDevTests

Best, Jan

From: Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 1:02 PM
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <de...@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Second Release Candidate for HBase 1.3.6 is available for download

+1

- signatures, checksums: OK
- rat check: OK
- built from source (8u112): OK
- unit tests: OK
- ltt with 1M rows: OK
- web UI: OK
- shell and basic commands: OK

Best regards,
Balazs

<

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Signature, checksum: ok
Rat check: ok
Build from source: ok
Unit tests: ok
LTT 1M rows: ok
Shell basic commands: ok

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sakthi <sa...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding) from me as well!

With 5 binding votes & 3 non-binding votes, the vote passed.

Thanks to everyone, who voted. Let me do the needful to push out the
release.

-Sakthi

Posted by Francis Christopher Liu <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Binding)