Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/04 00:06:31 UTC

INFRA-8001 - Request to set up a VM for Apache NutchRequest to set up a VM for Apache Nutch

Hi Folks,
I set up INFRA-8001 inline with the aims of Fjodor's GSoC project.
We intend to

   - 1st put a mock up application on there, no functionality just a mock
   up so dev's can see what it will eventually look like.
   - 2 once work has progressed so a sufficinet level over the next month
   or so, we will deploy a fully functional Web Application which will be the
   main output* from Fjodor's GSoC project this year. The Web App will provide
   all functionality to users wanting to try the REST API + WebApplication
   out. I propose that we enable crawling of a limited number of URLs nd
   simply run a cron job each night that will truncate the WebPage/Host table
   in which ever storage backend we choose to deploy.

What I would like to ask you guys is

   - Who wants/needs sudo/ssh access? N.B. I am requesting sudo as I going
   to be working on setting this up, INFRA are very cautious about who gets
   sudo.
   - What do we want to call the VM? demo-nutch.apache.org? Any other
   suggestions? Maybe nutchapp.apache.org? Up to you guys.

That is about it for now.

Thanks for any replies. Have a great weekend when it comes around.

Lewis

*This and of course his code contributions back into Nutch 2.X

--
*Lewis*

Re: INFRA-8001 - Request to set up a VM for Apache NutchRequest to set up a VM for Apache Nutch

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
How about nutchapp.a.o or nutchdemo.a.o? Great work guys

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov