Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Tripahi <as...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/14 01:22:57 UTC

Tomcat, Sun One Webserver 6.1

the doco on the tomcat website is not helping me at all.
Can somebody please explain how to integrate SunOne/IPlanet 6.1 with Tomcat.

Waiting for the response

Re: Tomcat, Sun One Webserver 6.1

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Since SunOne isn't the most supported platform (at least at Apache; I
believe that Sun has a better-supported plugin, but you'll have to ask them
:), you'll need to build mod_jk from the source distro in jk/native/netscape
(for the simple reason that nobody has contributed a binary distro for
SunOne in a very long time).  After that, you'll need
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/jk/neshowto.html,
and possibly enabling NSConfig (for TC 5: <Listener
className="org.apache.jk.conf.NSConfig" />) to work out the configuration.

Of course, if you want to share back your success/horror-stories to improve
the Tomcat docs, it will be appreciated.