Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Lukasz Kowalczyk <lu...@jazzpolice.pl> on 2002/08/28 12:37:52 UTC

Re[2]: Using Slide transaction's connection

Tuesday, August 27, 2002, 10:08:04 PM, you wrote:

TW> Lukasz,

TW> The database connections are completely hidden by each store implementation.
TW> I suggest you can modify the store impl (e.g. J2EEDescriptorsStore) and add
TW> a pointer to the connection in the thread context.  This way you can
TW> retrieve the same connection used by Slide store from the thread context
TW> when updating your own data.

Thanks for idea. It looks like a major hack ;)  I was also thinking
about plugging my own TransactionManager (or my own Transaction, not
sure yet). Does this sound feasible to you?

TW> Tom Wang
TW> Panscopic Corporation
TW> Web Reporting, Just Add Data
TW> http://www.panscopic.com/

Łukasz Kowalczyk

Re[4]: Using Slide transaction's connection

Posted by Lukasz Kowalczyk <lu...@jazzpolice.pl>.

TW> Whoo ..  that sounds a lot of work but I probably don't fully understand
TW> what you mean by plug in.  Slide's transaction framework supports XA

I simply meant to replace Slide's TransactionManager with a patched or
brand new version. I have a few services (built upon Jakarta Fulcrum)
and all of them are using the same database. I also put together a
little neat service on top of Slide and that's why I thought of making
a common transaction manager for all the services.

--
Łukasz Kowalczyk

RE: Re[2]: Using Slide transaction's connection

Posted by Tom Wang <to...@panscopic.com>.
Whoo ..  that sounds a lot of work but I probably don't fully understand
what you mean by plug in.  Slide's transaction framework supports XA
transactions and is a well done grand piece of work (my hat off to the
developers).  Also, at the app layer you only have access to
NameSpaceAccessToken (represents a UserTransaction) so you'll need to get
hold of the transaction somehow.  That's why I suggested using thread
context.

Tom Wang
Panscopic Corporation
Report All That You Can Report