Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christiaan Lamprecht <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/07 12:30:49 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL thread and pool problems

Hello all,

For those of you who are aware of the concurrency issue with the
SSLRequire directive when .htaccess files are allowed:
If I run Apache with the 'prefork MPM' will I still have this problem?
(Has anyone tried this? I would guess the answer is 'no' as the
prefork MPM is non-threaded, just double checking before I put too
much effort into coding something that won't work. Thanks)

A more technical question (Apache 2.2.3):
In ssl_expr.h:

typedef struct {
   ssl_expr_node_op node_op;
   void *node_arg1;
   void *node_arg2;
   apr_pool_t *p;
} ssl_expr_node;

typedef ssl_expr_node ssl_expr;

The pool in ssl_expr_node doesn't seem to be used? Either when the
struct is created(ssl_expr.c):
ssl_expr *ssl_expr_comp(apr_pool_t *p, char *expr)

or when it is evaluated:
int ssl_expr_exec(request_rec *r, ssl_expr *expr)

An extra pointer in the struct is not really a problem as such but I
want to make copy (in my own allocated memory, which is not tied to an
apache pool) and then execute it later using ssl_expr_exec(....) If a
copy of the contents of the pool is also necessary, well then I have
to re-evaluate my approach.

Thanks in advance
Christiaan Lamprecht